Wednesday, March 12, 2014

 Leftover Spaghetti for dinner.

As of late Wednesday dinner, is more frequently supplied out of the love, generosity and outreach to shut-ins of our church.  Every now and then when the church is not providing Wednesday's meal, I break out the leftovers.

I have taken over the sauce making for Ruth and as is with most of my cooking there is a constant inconsistency in the results.  Rarely is what I create so far afield as to not be eatable and more and more frequently it boarders on Good.  Inconsistency has its roots in that there is no written recipe from Ruth nor one created by me .  Not only do we enjoy this meal about once a month, but I wind up making enough sauce that we have two dinners and two breakfast from it.

Me and food:  An unorganized walk through my food relationships or Honeymoon Surprise

It was a fantastic spaghetti dinner prepared by my new bride. In a cabin on lake Whitney loaned to us by my friend's in-laws.  Ruth and I were married in my friend's grandparent's house.  Friendship is great and we appreciate the way his family took us in, but he crossed the line when he invited he and his wife to share the honeymoon cabin. Because "they never had a honeymoon".  But I digress, I was talking about the meal my wife prepared for us.
Ruth had planned on cooking for the two of us, and it was not a problem for her to cook for the four of us.  It was the best spaghetti I had ever tasted.
My family cooked country,  but Italy was not a county the cooking covered.  The four of us enjoyed the meal and fortunately the cabin was large enough to provide the privacy honeymooners desire.

The surprise came the next morning, when the dinner that we had became surprisingly something new. For first breakfast Ruth made Spaghetti omelet.  I greeted this with a bit of disbelief, which thinking back on it was odd, seeing as a guy and a bachelor, I frequently raided last night's pizza from the refrigerator  for breakfast.  While I will still feign shock and dismay when I retell this story, so I can tease Ruth.  In truth, I, our daughters and even some of the granddaughters look forward to spaghetti leftovers for breakfast .






1 comment:

  1. Yes, spaghetti omelet, always a treat! And have to agree that non-jar sauce is the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete