Monday, March 10, 2014

Cooking Again:  Quick and easy.... Chicken Salad.  Leftover frozen roasted chicken thawed, cut into small bite size peaces. Boiled two eggs with the pasta.  While pasta was cooking.  I diced up two TBL spoons of onion, two of the internal celery sticks complete with the leaves. sliced up about a dozen grapes.  Then I remembered the leftover crispy bacon.  This I ran through the food processor making it small enough that it became flavoring for the salad not a noticeable addition.   decided I needed a bit of bell pepper and added about 1 TBL spoon.  All of the chopped stuff I tossed in to the hot fresh drained noodles.  I diced up the two eggs and added them.  Added the chicken and three large spoons of Mayonnaise. Served with crackers.


Me and food: An Unorganized walk through my food relationships

  When I was 17 years old, my football days were finished thanks to a knee injury.  I finished playing football at 6'0" 220 pounds.  Soon the lack of constant exercise started restoring my former rolly-polly self.  
  See my entire life has been spent rolling up my jeans with a 4 inch cuff.  Getting the girth right 
meant I purchased pants for a much taller individual.  
  I was a fair skinned, red headed book worm in the land of sunshine. After you have blister a time or two and are treated with mayonnaise as a salve and vinegar in your bath. Confined to the house, smelling a lot like a salad left to wilt.  Well you just tend to sit in the shade.
  At any rate I decided I was going to diet to take of the weight, and with determination, 
starvation, lots of water, and the constant running a teen with a car does,  I lost down to 175 
pounds.
  Then Grandma and Granddad Rogers came to visit. First visit since I lost weight.  As I remember they came in on a Friday and it was Friday afternoon before I made it home to say hi. I was not greeted with the expected, "Hello. How are you?" and a hug. My Grandmother looked at me and said, "you've been sick."  The rest of the discussion about being too thin is lost in history.  But to make my point about food and my figure.....  As usual that evening I went out and returned late.  I was rousted out of bed in time to have. breakfast with the family.  And there at my place on the table was an entire pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment